Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Photographing Dogs

I took a photo of the Blue-dog over the deck rails. (Tayja puts that ugly scarve on the poor dog every morning so Blue doesn't have to be "nekkid.")

Then I took the photo thurough the deck rails. It changes the mood of the photo and adds a layer of interest.

It is a still different and more interesting photo in my opinion when I zoomed in and turned the camera to vertical.

And now I just show one of Blue's eyes watching me.


Tech notes: All the photos were spot focused (in auto ) on Blue's right eye. My ISO was 100. Shutter speed was 1/250. My F-stop was f/4.0 on the ones through the fence and f/5.6 on the first one. I used a 70 to 200 mm zoom lens set at 120.0 mm on all (except the first photo). The eye photo was cropped out of a larger frame. I picked f/4 as my f-stop for through the rails because I wanted Blue's eye and muzzle to be sharp but I wanted just a hint of the deck rails. Blue was below and about five feet way from the rails. I used an ISO was 100 because I knew that I had plenty of light with the brightness reflecting off of the snow. The day is overcast which is a very pretty time to take photos out side.

3 comments:

  1. But it's okay for Red to be nekked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She says the Blue is her dog and Red is my dog. And, Tayja says, if I don't want to dress my dog every morning, she can't really worry too much about it. She did give me a blue bandanna for Red. I think she put it on him one time. I'd be hard pressed to find it but I bet Tayja knows where it is. I'll get her to dig it out and take Red's photo in it just once...

    ReplyDelete
  3. have I ever mentioned what a gorgeous girl that Blue dog is? Great photos of a marvelous girl.

    ReplyDelete